Reports To: Executive Director and Dietary Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Current CPR & First Aide certification.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The Cook is responsible for the day to day supervision of food service staff, coordination of the food service department with other facility services and coordination of the food service department services in meeting all State and dietary requirements and the residents� needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervise food service employees.
- Note the need to purchase and maintain food supplies as stipulated by the State.
- Maintain nutritional requirements.
- Maintain the food service equipment in a sanitary manner.
- Maintain a clean kitchen and food storage areas.
- Supervise the preparation and serving of the meals.
- Assist in the planning of nutritional menus, as needed.
- Report any unusual occurrences.
- Participate in continuing education.
- Report food shortages, spoilage�s, infestations or other related problems in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Maintains logs according to all state and federal requirements.
- 40 lb lifting requirement.
- Full range of motion.
- To follow details of particular shift requirements.
- Other duties as required.
I have read and understand all of the above listed areas of responsibility. I understand Brookside Landing is an at will employer which means employment can be terminated by Brookside Landing or myself at any time.
Description Posted: 2011-02-16
Duties and job requirements may differ from the above. Please contact the administrator for a current description of this position.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, gender, age, national origin, handicap or veteran status.